Welders manage the machines that manufacture and repair metal structures, tools, and equipment. These skilled professionals work in a variety of industries including automotive, construction, and manufacturing. Other duties include planning layouts and measurements and testing welded surfaces.
- Location: Stratford, PE
- Salary: $17.00 to $24.00HOUR hourly for 40 to 48 hours per week
- Terms of employment: Permanent employment
- Day, Overtime, Early Morning, Morning
- Start date: Starts as soon as possible
- Vacancies: 1 vacancy
We are looking for a highly talented welder to join our dynamic team. We’re seeking a hardworking professional who likes meeting challenges and surpassing client expectations. Your chief responsibilities will include interpreting designs, monitoring machinery, and assessing welded components.
To excel in this role, you should have in-depth knowledge of welding machinery and electrical equipment. The successful candidate will also have a steady hand and outstanding attention to detail.
- Interpret blueprints, drawings, and measurements to plan layouts.
- Weld small and large components such as copper plumbing, beams, and pipelines.
- Use specialized machinery for industrial welding and oversee machines that perform the same job.
- Maintain and repair all machinery.
- Assess welded surfaces, structures and components to identify errors.
- Follow and enforce strict safety regulations such as wearing heat-resistant gloves, protective masks, and safety shoes.
- Monitor machinery for appropriate usage and temperature.
- Weld components in flat, vertical, and overhead positions.
- High school diploma or equivalent qualification.
- A valid certificate in welding from an accredited institution is preferred.
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience as a welder.
- Excellent knowledge of welding machinery, electrical equipment, and manual tools.
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints and designs.
- Outstanding attention to detail.
Registered Apprenticeship certificate
Credentials (certificates, licences, memberships, courses, etc.)
Workplace Hazardous Materials Information System (WHMIS) Certificate; Pressure Welding Certification; Occupational Health and Safety Certificate; First Aid Certificate; Welder Trade Red Seal Certificate; Forklift Operator Certification; Fall Arrest Protection Training Course
3 years to less than 5 years
- Specific Skills
- Operate manual or semi-automatic, fully automated welding equipment; Operate brakes, shears and other metal shaping, straightening and bending machines; Maintain and perform minor repairs on welding, brazing and soldering equipment; Interpret welding process specifications; Operate previously set-up welding machines to fabricate or repair metal parts and products
- Equipment and Machinery Experience
- Gas welding machine; Arc welding machine
- Additional Skills
- Read and interpret welding blueprints, drawings specifications, manuals and processes; Examine welds and ensure that they meet standards and/or specifications
- Area of Specialization
- Pressure vessels; Ornamental work; Machinery or equipment repair; Fencing, balconies, stairs and railings; Factory assembly; Custom fabrication; Truck repair
- Weight Handling
- More than 45 kg (100 lbs)
- Welding Techniques
- Boilers; Gas tungsten arc welding (GTAW) (TIG); Shielded metal arc welding (SMAW); Multipass
- Work Setting
- Residential; Manufacture; Marine; Institutional; Industrial; Commercial; Civil (road and bridge construction, etc.)
- Security and Safety
- Criminal record check
- Own Tools/Equipment
- Steel-toed safety boots; Welding helmet
- Work Site Environment
- Confined spaces; Outdoors; At heights; Noisy; Dusty; Hot; Cold/refrigerated
- Transportation/Travel Information
- Own transportation; Willing to travel; Willing to travel for extended periods; Valid driver’s licence; Travel expenses paid by employer
- Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities
- Fast-paced environment; Repetitive tasks; Handling heavy loads; Physically demanding; Manual dexterity; Attention to detail; Hand-eye co-ordination; Standing for extended periods; Overtime required
- Type of Materials
- Stainless steel; Aluminum alloys; Steel, iron and heavy metals
- Personal Suitability
- Effective interpersonal skills; Flexibility; Team player; Excellent oral communication; Organized
How to apply
18 Hollis Ave
C1B 4E1 Between 09:00 AM and 04:00 PM
Intended job posting audience
Anyone who can legally work in Canada can apply for this job. If you are not currently authorized to work in Canada, the employer will not consider your job application.