As a Tilesetter, your duties may include: Laying and setting tiles to create decorative wall, mural and floor designs. Cutting and fitting tiles around obstacles and openings using hand and power cutting tools. Preparing, measuring and marking surfaces to be covered.
Tile and marble setters are responsible for installing hard tiles, wood, and marble in homes and offices. They determine the tile or marble pattern layout, cut and shape the tiles to size, and expertly install flooring fixtures using hand and machine tools.
- Location: Edmonton, AB
- Salary: $28.00HOUR hourly for 40 hours per week
- Terms of employment: Permanent employment
- Start date: Starts as soon as possible
- vacancies: 1 vacancy
We are looking for a skilled tile and marble setter to join our installation team. As a tile and marble setter, you will meet with clients to discuss their tiling needs, order stock supplies, cut tiles and marble to size, and install tiles and marble fittings to specification. You may also be required to prepare quotes and complete job reports.
To ensure success as a tile setter, you should have extensive knowledge of tiling and marbling techniques, a good eye for detail, and excellent communication skills. A top-notch tile setter expertly installs tiles and marble to meet the needs of the customer.
Tile Setter Responsibilities:
- Meeting with clients to discuss their tiling and marbling needs.
- Measuring the area that must be tiled or marbled to determine stock requirements.
- Providing clients with accurate quotes for the intended job.
- Ordering stock supplies and gathering tiling equipment.
- Cutting and shaping tiles or marble to size.
- Cleaning and leveling the surface area.
- Applying tiling cement and arranging tiles or marble according to design plans.
- Applying tiling grout.
- Cleaning off excess grout and conducting post-installation inspections.
- Processing work invoices.
Tile Setter Requirements:
- High school diploma or GED.
- Previous experience as a tile and marble setter.
- Good communication skills.
- Basic carpentry skills.
- Advanced mathematical skills.
- Ability to operate hand and machine cutting tools.
- Knowledge of tiling designs and installation techniques.
- Ability to work crouching or kneeling for long periods.
- Good problem-solving skills.
Secondary (high) school graduation certificate
1 to less than 7 months
- Specific Skills
- Set tiles in place and apply pressure to affix them to base; Remove and replace cracked or damaged tiles; Prepare, measure and mark surfaces to be covered; Cut, surface, polish and install marble and granite; Align and straighten tiles; Mix, apply and spread mortar, cement, mastic, glue or other adhesives using hand trowel; Cut and fit tiles around obstacles and openings using hand and power cutting tools; Build underbeds and install anchor bolts, wires and brackets; Lay and set mosaic tiles to create decorative wall, mural and floor designs; Mix, lay and polish terra surfaces; Install tile strips
How to apply
8747 53 AVE NW
Intended job posting audience
Only persons who are legally allowed to work in Canada can apply for this job. If you are not currently authorized to work in Canada, do not apply as the employer will not consider your job application.