Shipping Clerk Job Description
We are looking for an organized shipping clerk with attention to detail. The shipping clerk is responsible for recording shipping orders on the computer system, labeling items and packing items into containers for shipping.
To be successful as a shipping clerk, you must be able to multitask. A good shipping clerk ensures that all items are packed, labeled and recorded appropriately in preparation for transport.
Shipping Clerk Responsibilities:
- Record order details on the computer system.
- Pack items into containers for shipping.
- Label package with all vital information.
- Monitor inventory and order more units as needed.
- Keep the warehouse clean and neat.
Shipping Clerk Requirements:
- A high school qualification or equivalent.
- Prior experience in retail, manufacturing or a relevant field.
- Flexible work hours.
- Ability to lift items and containers.
- Ability to operate warehouse vehicles such as forklifts.
- Ability to multitask.
- Location: 155 Victoria Street Strathroy, ONN7G 3B3
- Salary: $15.00 to $17.00HOUR hourly for 37.5 hours per week
- Terms of employment: Permanent employment
- Start date: Starts as soon as possible
- Vacancies: 1 vacancy
Secondary (high) school graduation certificate
or equivalent experience
Experience an asset
- Specific Skills
- Unpack goods received; Schedule distribution of goods; Schedule transportation conveyances; Route goods to appropriate storage areas; Record shortages and reject damaged goods; Prepare bills of lading, invoices and other shipping documents; Pack goods to be shipped; Oversee loading and unloading of goods; Maintain internal record-keeping system; Inspect and verify incoming goods against invoices or other documents; Determine method of shipment; Assemble containers and crates; Affix identifying information and shipping instructions on shipments
- Equipment and Machinery Experience
- Dollies and hand trucks
- Weight Handling
- Up to 23 kg (50 lbs); Up to 9 kg (20 lbs); Up to 13.5 kg (30 lbs)
- Work Setting
- Warehouse; Retail/wholesale establishment/distribution centre
- Security and Safety
- Driver’s validity licence check
- Transportation/Travel Information
- Own transportation; Valid driver’s licence; Public transportation is not available
- Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities
- Fast-paced environment; Handling heavy loads; Physically demanding; Attention to detail; Standing for extended periods; Bending, crouching, kneeling
- Work Location Information
- Rural area
- Personal Suitability
- Flexibility; Accurate; Team player; Excellent oral communication; Dependability; Judgement; Reliability; Organized
Intended job posting audience
Anyone who can legally work in Canada can apply for this job. If you are not currently authorized to work in Canada, the employer will not consider your job application.