Also known as retail store managers, store supervisors are responsible for overseeing the daily operations of a retail store, including product availability and pricing. Other duties entail managing the staff and customer services, and controlling finances. They may also train new employees and schedule shifts.
- Location: 300-840 St Albert TR St. Albert, ABT8N 7V2
- Salary: $21.15HOUR hourly for 30 hours per week
- Terms of employment: Permanent employment
- Day, Weekend
- Start date: Starts as soon as possible
- vacancies: 1 vacancy
We are looking for an experienced and dedicated store supervisor to manage our retail store. In this role, your duties will include overseeing employees and finances, and controlling the quality of products and services. You may also be required to evaluate the job performance of retail staff.
To ensure success as a store supervisor, you should exhibit demonstrable managerial competency, and excellent communication skills. Store Supervisors are natural leaders with excellent business management skills and a passion for customer service.
Store Supervisor Responsibilities:
- Overseeing salespeople, cashiers, shelf stockers, and other employees.
- Managing finances and preparing an annual budget.
- Keeping records of expenditure, sales figures, and employee performance.
- Evaluating the supply and availability of stocks, and profit-margins.
- Implementing measures to avoid stock damages, theft, and wastage.
- Monitoring shelve stocks and product displays, and the general appearance of the store.
- Investigating market trends and offering products that would appeal to customers.
- Addressing customers’ requests, comments, and complaints.
- Motivating employees to achieve targets.
- Training new staff members and scheduling shifts.
Secondary (high) school graduation certificate
1 year to less than 2 years
- Specific Skills
- Prepare reports on sales volumes, merchandising and personnel matters; Authorize return of merchandise; Assign sales workers to duties; Resolve problems that arise, such as customer complaints and supply shortages; Supervise and co-ordinate activities of workers; Organize and maintain inventory
- Additional Skills
- Establish work schedules; Hire and train or arrange for training of staff
- Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities
- Fast-paced environment; Work under pressure
How to apply