Serves patients by greeting and helping them, scheduling appointments, and maintaining records and accounts. Welcomes patients and visitors in person or on the telephone, and answering or referring inquiries. … Helps patients in distress by responding to emergencies.
Medical receptionists are professionals who are responsible for coordinating the daily administration of doctors, staff, visitors, and patients at a healthcare facility. They schedule appointments, answer patient inquiries, handle patient emergencies, and monitor stock and supplies at the healthcare facility.
We are looking to hire a medical receptionist with excellent organizational and administrative skills. Medical receptionists are expected to be compassionate and discrete with superb time management and record-keeping skills.
To ensure success, medical receptionists should be confident and professional administrators with fantastic communication and interpersonal skills that will contribute to the efficient day-to-day administration of the healthcare facility. Top candidates will work comfortably under pressure while multi-tasking in a fast-paced environment and can effectively react to patient emergencies.
Medical Receptionist Responsibilities:
- Greet and attend to patients in person and over the phone.
- Professionally assist doctors, staff, visitors, and patients.
- Maintain business inventory such as checking supplies, scheduling equipment, and maintenance repairs.
- Answer all phone calls in a professional and courteous manner.
- Perform all duties within HIPAA regulations.
- Maintain confidentiality of all doctor, staff, and patient information.
- Schedule appointments between doctors and patients.
- Liaise between medical departments with discretion and professionalism
- Adhere to policy and procedures during all activates.
- Assist with admissions/treatment as per agreed protocols.
- Ensure that stock levels are adequate and orders are made timeously.
- Communicate medical results to patients under clinical supervision.
- Complete accurate documentation of patient visits.
Medical Receptionist Requirements:
- Bachelors degree (advantageous).
- Administration certification (essential).
- 2 years of experience at a healthcare facility in a medical receptionist role (essential).
- Working knowledge of medical terminology, HIPAA regulations, ICD, and CPT coding (highly advantageous).
- Innovative thinker with strong conceptual and problem-solving skills.
- Meticulous attention to detail with the ability to multi-task.
- Strong organizational, administrative, and planning skills.
- Ability to work under pressure and react effectively to emergency situations.
- Ability to use discretion while working with sensitive information.
- Excellent documentation, communication, and IT skills.
- Passionate about healthcare excellence.
- Location: Regina, SK
- Salary: $15.00 to $18.00HOUR hourly for 40 hours per week
- Terms of employment: Permanent employment
08:45 to 17:45
- Start date: Starts as soon as possible
- vacancies: 1 vacancy
Secondary (high) school graduation certificate
Experience an asset
- Specific Skills
- Send invoices; Schedule and confirm appointments; Record and relay information; Greet people and direct them to contacts or service areas; Answer telephone and relay telephone calls and messages; Operate switchboard or telephone system; Receive and issue payments
- Business Equipment and Computer Applications
- Word processing software; Switchboard 1-25 lines; Spreadsheet; MS Access; MS Excel; MS Windows; MS Word; Database software; Electronic mail; Electronic medical records
- Additional Skills
- Provide basic information to clients and the public; Maintain work records and logs
- Work Setting
- Private sector
- Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities
- Fast-paced environment; Work under pressure; Attention to detail
- Work Location Information
- Urban area
- Personal Suitability
- Effective interpersonal skills; Team player; Excellent oral communication; Excellent written communication; Reliability; Organized
How to apply
Advertised until : 2021-07-05
Intended job posting audience
Anyone who can legally work in Canada can apply for this job. If you are not currently authorized to work in Canada, the employer will not consider your job application.