What is a Construction Painter?
What would a room, a house, or a building be without a coat of paint?
Construction painters make things look clean and finished. They use brushes, rollers, and power sprayers to apply paint, stain, and coatings to walls, buildings, bridges, and other structures.
What does a Construction Painter do?
Applying paint makes surfaces attractive and vibrant. In addition, paints and other sealers protect interior and exterior surfaces from weather, mold, and erosion.
- Location: Richmond Hill, ON
- Salary: $25.00HOUR hourly for 40 to 44 hours per week
- Terms of employment: Permanent employment
- Evening, Shift, Early Morning, Morning
- Start date: Starts as soon as possible
- vacancies: 3 vacancies
Construction painters do the following:
– Cover floors and furniture with drop-cloths and tarps to protect surfaces
– Remove fixtures such as pictures, door knobs, or electric switch covers
– Put up scaffolding and set up ladders
– Fill holes and cracks with caulk, putty, plaster, or other compounds
– Prepare surfaces by scraping, wire brushing, or sanding to a smooth finish
– Calculate the area to be painted and the amount of paint needed
– Apply primers or sealers so the paint will adhere
– Choose and mix paints and stains to reach desired colour and appearance
– Apply paint or other finishes using hand brushes, rollers, or sprayers
A few construction painters—mainly industrial—must use special safety equipment. For example, painting in confined spaces such as the inside of a large storage tank, requires workers to wear self-contained suits to avoid inhaling toxic fumes.
When painting bridges, tall buildings, or oil rigs, construction painters may work from scaffolding, bosun’s chairs, and harnesses to reach work areas.
Secondary (high) school graduation certificate
or equivalent experience
2 years to less than 3 years
- Specific Skills
- Repair cracks and holes
- Prepare, clean and sand surfaces to be painted
- Mix paint to desired colour and texture
- Apply paint, wallpaper and other materials and finishes to interior and exterior surfaces
- Equipment and Machinery Experience
- Roller painting
- Brush painting
- Airless spray equipment
- Weight Handling
- Up to 23 kg (50 lbs)
- Coating/Application Specialization
- Paint spraying
- Multi-color finishes
- Work Site Environment
- Confined spaces; Outdoors; At heights; Odours;
- Transportation/Travel Information
- Willing to travel;
- Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities
- Physically demanding; Attention to detail; Ability to distinguish between colours;
- Work Location Information
- Various locations;
- Personal Suitability
- Initiative; Effective interpersonal skills; Flexibility; Team player; Client focus; Reliability;
This employer promotes equal employment opportunities for all job applicants, including those self-identifying as a member of these groups: Indigenous people, Newcomers to Canada, Veterans, Visible minorities
Who can apply to this job?
Only apply to this job if:
- You are a Canadian citizen or a permanent resident of Canada.
- You have a valid Canadian work permit.
If you are not authorized to work in Canada, do not apply. The employer will not respond to your application.
How to apply