Also known as manicurists or pedicurists, nail technicians provide manicures, pedicures, and various nail treatments based on clients’ nail care needs and preferences. They are either self-employed or work in salons, spas, barbershops or nail studios.
We are looking to hire a detail-orientated nail technician to provide clients with high-quality manicures, pedicures, and nail treatments. The nail technician’s responsibilities include welcoming and greeting clients, ordering new nail supplies as needed, and answering clients’ nail-related questions. You should also be able to build and maintain relationships with clients to encourage repeat nail appointments.
To be successful as a nail technician, you should maintain high standards of cleanliness and sanitation at all times. Ultimately, an outstanding nail technician should be able to keep abreast of the latest nail products, trends, and techniques to ensure that clients are satisfied with the services provided.
Nail Technician Responsibilities:
- Providing high-quality manicures and pedicures, which includes removing old nail polish from fingernails and toenails, cleaning nails, shaping the ends of nails, pushing back cuticles, and applying new polish based on clients’ preferences.
- Applying artificial nails.
- Recommending various nail designs and nail art to clients.
- Evaluating the condition of clients’ nails and advising them on proper nail care and suitable nail care treatments.
- Sanitizing all nail instruments and equipment before each use.
- Ensuring that workstations are kept clean and orderly.
- Ensuring that nail and massage supplies are adequately stocked.
- Providing quality hand and foot massages.
Nail Technician Requirements:
- High school diploma or GED.
- State manicurist/cosmetologist license.
- Proven experience working as a nail technician.
- In-depth knowledge of manicure and pedicure techniques.
- The ability to concentrate for extended periods of time.
- Detail-orientated and patient.
- Excellent hand-eye coordination.
- Effective communication skills.
- Exceptional customer service skills.
- Location: Delta, BC
- Salary:$15.20HOUR hourly for 40 hours per week
- Terms of employment: Permanent employment
- Flexible Hours
- Start date: Starts as soon as possible
- Vacancies: 4 vacancies
Secondary (high) school graduation certificate
1 to less than 7 months
- Esthetics Skills
- Pedicures; Manicures
- Area of Work Experience
- Pedicurist; Manicurist
- Work Setting
- Beauty shop or aesthetic service
- Personal Suitability
- Flexibility; Team player; Client focus; Reliability
This employer promotes equal employment opportunities for all job applicants, including those self-identifying as a member of these groups: Indigenous people, Persons with disabilities, Newcomers to Canada, Visible minorities
How to apply
Intended job posting audience
Anyone who can legally work in Canada can apply for this job. If you are not currently authorized to work in Canada, the employer will not consider your job application.