We are looking for efficient, courteous Cashiers who possess excellent customer service skills. The Cashier will scan the customer’s selections, ensure that prices and quantities are accurate, accept payments, issue receipts, answer inquiries, and provide helpful information to customer’s products, promotions, or item location. You will also respond to complaints, process refunds or exchanges of items, and maintain a clean workspace.
You must maintain excellent customer service and checkout area for prompt and accurate processing of the
To succeed as a Cashier, you should have a strong work ethic and a high level of accuracy. You should be responsible, attentive to customer needs, and committed to providing excellent service.
Your Responsibilities & Skills Include:
- Welcoming customers, answering their questions, helping them locate items, and providing advice or recommendations.
- Operating scanners, scales, cash registers, and other electronics.
- Balancing the cash register and generating reports for credit and debit sales.
- Accepting payments, ensuring all prices and quantities are accurate, and proving a receipt to every customer.
- Processing refunds and exchanges, resolving complaints.
- Bagging or wrapping purchases to ensure safe transport.
- Following all store procedures regarding coupons, gift cards, or the purchase of specific items, such as alcohol or cigarettes.
- Maintaining a clean workspace.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Customer service or Cashier experience.
- Ability to handle transactions accurately and responsibly.
- High level of energy with strong customer service skills.
- Basic math and computer skills.
- Ability to stand, walk, lift heavy items, and work with other team members in a fast-paced environment to provide excellent service.
- Attention to detail.
- Helpful, courteous approach to resolving complaints.
- Price scanner
- Computer terminal
- Cash register
- Interac machine
Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities
- Fast-paced environment
- Handling heavy loads
- Attention to detail
- Combination of sitting, standing, walking
- Standing for extended periods
- Bending, crouching, kneeling
More Details About The Job
- Shoppers Drug Mart
- Full Time
- Grade 12
- No Experience
Shoppers Drug Mart