Laundry workers oversee or operate dry-cleaning machines or washing machines for industrial or household items. … Laundry workers use different techniques to wash and dry fabrics and materials of various colors, materials and sizes. They also may mark, sort, hang or fold articles before or after washing and drying.
We are searching for an attentive laundry attendant to support the functions of our establishment. The laundry attendant’s responsibilities include cleaning, pressing, and folding clothes and other textile articles. You should also be able to keep a record of which items belong to whom.
To be successful as a laundry attendant, you should demonstrate excellent organizational and interpersonal skills. Top-notch candidates will consult with customers to discuss supplementary laundering-related services that may be of use to them.
Laundry Attendant Responsibilities:
- Sorting, washing, drying, pressing, and folding clothing and other textile items.
- Removing stains from items using the appropriate procedures.
- Performing minor sewing duties.
- Tracking which items belong to whom.
- Keeping an updated inventory of laundry detergents and sewing kits.
- Tracking maintenance and repairs on laundering equipment.
- Ensuring that the facility remains clean at all times.
- Anticipating and responding to customers’ queries, concerns, and complaints.
- Keeping sufficient tokens or change for the washing and drying machines, if required.
Laundry Attendant Requirements:
- High school diploma or equivalent is advantageous.
- Prior experience in a similar role is preferable.
- Familiarity with cleaning detergents and laundering equipment.
- Ability to stand for long periods.
- Capacity to lift up to 20 pounds unaided.
- Basic arithmetic skills.
- Outstanding organizational and time management skills.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Personable disposition with a knack for customer service.
- Available to work shifts and on weekends.
- Location: Bridgetown, NS
- Salary: $16.47HOUR hourly for 32 hours bi-weekly
- Terms of employment: Term or contract
- Start date: Starts as soon as possible
- Vacancies: 1 vacancy
No degree, certificate or diploma
Experience an asset
How to apply
Intended job posting audience
Anyone who can legally work in Canada can apply for this job. If you are not currently authorized to work in Canada, the employer will not consider your job application.