An information systems business analyst is an advisory role that provides a critical layer of challenge and scrutiny for organisations seeking to implement new ICT systems. Business Systems Analysts oversee the analysis and development of a company’s business operations. Also known as Systems Analysts, these highly-analytical specialists have both business and technical expertise. Duties include analyzing requirements, estimating the cost, and establishing system protocols.
- Location: Mississauga, ON
- Salary: $38.94 to $40.94HOUR hourly for 30 to 40 hours per week
- Terms of employment: Permanent employment
- Day, Evening, Night, Weekend, Shift, On Call, Flexible Hours, Early Morning, Morning
- Start date: Starts as soon as possible
- Benefits: Other Benefits
- vacancies: 3 vacancies
Our company is recruiting for a talented and self-motivated Business Systems Analyst to assess every aspect of our daily business operations. For this position, you will examine existing and new systems for improvement, report common issues, evaluate company performance, and recommend new system procedures.
To excel in this position, you should be an experienced professional with in-depth knowledge of business processes and business system analysis techniques. The ideal candidate will also be dedicated and demonstrate excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Examine current and new business procedures.
- Identify effective solutions for business software system issues.
- Report common patterns, questions, and other issues to management.
- Recommend solutions for improving and restructuring company procedures.
- Assess company performance, information, and plans by conducting regular tests and analysis.
- Monitor company systems status and report any progress or changes.
- Research and estimate the costs of upgrades and improvements.
- Establish specifications for new projects by developing project goals, phases, and budgets.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, computer science, or relevant field.
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience as a business systems analyst.
- Ability to work in a collaborative environment.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Highly analytical mindset.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office.
or equivalent experience
5 years or more
- Specific Skills
- Confer with clients to identify and document requirements; Conduct business and technical studies; Design, develop and implement information systems business solutions; Provide advice on information systems strategy, policy, management and service delivery; Assess physical and technical security risks to data, software and hardware; Develop and implement policies and procedures throughout the software development life cycle; Develop policies, procedures and contingency plans to minimize the effects of security breaches; Conduct reviews to assess quality assurance practices, software products and information systems
- Business Equipment and Computer Applications
- HTML; Database; WordPress
- Work Setting
- Consulting firm
- Programming Languages
- JQuery; React Native; React.js; Shell script
- Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities
- Fast-paced environment; Work under pressure; Repetitive tasks; Attention to detail; Tight deadlines
- Work Location Information
- Various locations
- Computer and Technology Knowledge
- Unix; MS Windows; Linux; Java; Database software; C; C++; Networking software; Networking security; File management software; Project management software; Programming software; Web service design; Programming languages; Software development; SQL; Data analysis software; MS Office; Enterprise Applications Integration (EAI); Business intelligence; Cloud
- Personal Suitability
- Initiative; Effective interpersonal skills; Accurate; Team player; Excellent oral communication; Excellent written communication; Client focus; Judgement; Organized
- Other Benefits
This employer promotes equal employment opportunities for all job applicants, including those self-identifying as a member of these groups: Apprentices, Indigenous people, Newcomers to Canada, Visible minorities
How to apply
Intended job posting audience
Only persons who are legally allowed to work in Canada can apply for this job. If you are not currently authorized to work in Canada, do not apply as the employer will not consider your job application.