Immigration to Canada as a Housekeeper – 247Gist&JobsUpdate
Connect with us


Immigration to Canada as a Housekeeper

Jobs In Canada

Immigration to Canada as a Housekeeper

Are you currently working and have experience as a Housekeeper and also interested in immigrating to Canada? We have wonderful news for you! Canada is inviting hundreds of thousands of foreign-born individuals to Canada every year! There are various options for housekeepers to immigrate to Canada including 8 out of 11 provinces considering this occupation in demand.

Job Description (NOC 3143 – 4412 Home Support Workers, Housekeepers and Related Occupations)

Also, NOC 6312 Executive Housekeepers

Housekeepers are workers whose job is to work a combination of light cleaning duties. A housekeeper can work in private homes or commercial establishments such as hospitals and hotels. Some of their job duties include making beds, vacuuming floors, completing laundry, replenishing linens, washing windows, etc. A housekeeper can also often be called a maid but Canada’s NOC codes refer to this position as a “housekeeper”.

Salary Average: $37,000 CAD average base salary

Housekeeper Requirements

To work in Canada as a housekeeper there are no specific requirements. Typically to immigrate to Canada for a job you will be required to complete secondary or high school. It is important to show you are qualifed for this job by showing you have some experience in home management and housekeeping. If you are applying as an Executive Housekeeper it is some times required to have a university degree in hospital management, hotel management, or business administration.

Visa Options for Foreign-Born Housekeepers Immigrating to Canada

Since Housekeepers are currently in high demand in Canada, there are many ways to immigrate to Canada as a Housekeeper. Here are some of the most popular ways you can do so:

The Home Support Worker Pilot

If you are applying under NOC 4412 housekeeper then you can qualify under this Home Support Worker Pilot. To qualify for this pilot you will need to have a full-time job offer in Canada, meet the minimum language requirements, have work experience with home care training, and have some form of secondary education. Once you have at least 24 months of Canadian work experience you can apply for permanent residence in Canada.

Express Entry

Canada’s Express Entry Program is aimed toward skilled workers who wish to move to Canada. To be considered eligible for this program, your occupation will need to be grouped in skill level 0, A, or B. Only Executive housekeepers (NOC 6312) are eligible to apply for permanent residency in Canada through the Federal Skilled Worker Program, managed by the Express Entry system.

Provincial Nominee Program

This program allows you to immigrate to Canada if you are a skilled or semi-skilled worker and have a valid job offer that is needed in a particular province or territory. Each province or territory has its own PNP with in-demand occupation lists intended to meet the individual needs of its labour market. This will require that you send an Expression of Interest to relocate to the relevant region.

Atlantic Immigration Pilot

The Atlantic Immigration Pilot Program is similar to the Provincial Nominee Program described above. It is aimed at skilled individuals who know which province they would like to settle in when they arrive in Canada and assuming that province is one of the four participating provinces in this immigration pilot.

This program was aimed to address the labour shortages in the four Atlantic provinces; Nova Scotia, Newfoundland & Labrador, New Brunswick, and Prince Edward Island. If you have a full-time valid job offer in one of the four provinces listed above, you can apply for permanent residency at the same time as you apply for your Canadian work permit.

Continue Reading
You may also like...

More in Jobs In Canada

To Top