Cutting, trimming, and shaping clients’ hair as well as wigs, hair extensions, hairpieces, and toupes based on clients’ preferences and specifications. Shampooing, conditioning, and drying clients’ hair.
Hairdresser Job Description
We are looking to hire a highly skilled hairdresser to provide various hairdressing services to clients based on their needs, specifications, and preferences. The hairdresser’s responsibilities include greeting and welcoming clients to the salon, maintaining a clean and organized work station, and recommending suitable hair care products to clients. You should also be able to identify chronic scalp conditions and advise clients to seek medical treatment.
To be successful as a hairdresser, you should be detail-oriented and able to build rapport with clients. Ultimately, an outstanding hairdresser should be able to follow clients’ instructions, demonstrate excellent communication skills, and keep abreast of the latest hairstyles and hairdressing techniques.
- Conferring with clients to determine their hairdressing needs, preferences, and specifications.
- Advising clients on suitable haircuts as well as hairstyles and hair color based on their physical features and hair type.
- Cutting, trimming, and shaping clients’ hair as well as wigs, hair extensions, hairpieces, and toupes based on clients’ preferences and specifications.
- Shampooing, conditioning, and drying clients’ hair.
- Providing various hair coloring treatments to clients after inquiring into possible hair dye sensitivities and allergies that they may have.
- Using various hairstyling tools and equipment, including hair straighteners, curling irons, rollers, hairdryers, and hot combs, to style clients’ hair accordingly.
- Cleaning and sterilizing all hairdressing tools and instruments to ensure that state health and safety standards are met.
- Operating the cash register to process client payments when necessary.
- High school diploma or GED.
- Associate’s degree in cosmetology or completion of a state-approved cosmetology program.
- Appropriate state licensure.
- The ability to stand for extended periods.
- The ability to work under pressure.
- The ability to follow instructions.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Effective communication skills.
- Exceptional customer service skills.
- Patient and detail-oriented.
- Location: 145 1110 Ewen Ave
New Westminster, BCV3M 5E4
- Salary: $17.00HOUR hourly for 40 hours per week
- Terms of employment: Permanent employment
- Day, Evening, Morning
- Start date: Starts as soon as possible
- Vacancies: 1 vacancy
Secondary (high) school graduation certificate
1 year to less than 2 years
- Hair Colouring Techniques
- Streaking/highlights; Bleach; Frosting; Dyes/tints
- Hair Styling Techniques
- Permanents; Iron waving/curling; Extensions; Relaxing; Blow drying
- Additional Skills
- Shampoo customers’ hair; Maintain and order supplies; Book appointments
- Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities
- Fast-paced environment; Repetitive tasks; Attention to detail; Standing for extended periods
- Personal Suitability
- Flexibility; Team player; Client focus; Reliability
- Hairstylist Specific Skills
- Suggest hair style compatible with client’s physical features or determine style from client’s instructions and preferences; Cut, trim, taper, curl, wave, perm and style hair; Analyze hair and scalp condition and provide basic treatment or advice on beauty care treatments for scalp and hair; Apply hair extensions; Apply bleach, tints, dyes or rinses to colour, frost or streak hair
- Barber Specific Skills
- Provide other hair treatment, such as waving, straightening and tinting and also provide scalp conditioning massages; Cut and trim hair according to client’s instructions or preferences
How to apply
Intended job posting audience
Anyone who can legally work in Canada can apply for this job. If you are not currently authorized to work in Canada, the employer will not consider your job application.