A Farmer manages farms, ranches, greenhouses, nurseries, and other agricultural production organizations. Farmers are involved in planting, cultivating, performing post-harvest duties, overseeing livestock, and supervising farm labor depending on the type of farm.
- LocationNewmarket, ON
- Salary$$14.39HOUR hourly for 30 to 72 hours per week
- Terms of employmentSeasonal employment
- Day, Evening, Early Morning, Morning
- Start dateStart date 2022-04-01
- vacancies10 vacancies
We are looking for a farmer to oversee our farming operations. The responsibilities of a Farmer include performing physical labor, operating heavy machinery, and supervising farm workers.
To be successful as a farmer, you should demonstrate a passion for the outdoors, knowledge of agricultural machinery, and physical stamina. Ultimately, a top-notch Farmer should possess physical strength, good hand-eye coordination, and a keen interest in agriculture.
- Performing manual labor.
- Performing maintenance on the farm.
- Handling heavy machinery.
- Repairing faulty vehicles and machinery.
- Managing farming activities.
- Overseeing farmworkers.
- Devising strategies for harvesting or breeding.
- Liaising with clients.
- Previous experience in the farming industry.
- Knowledge of farming best practices.
- Able to work long hours on location.
- Good communication skills.
- Must be physically fit.
- Excellent hand-eye coordination.
No degree, certificate or diploma
- Specific Skills
- Plant, cultivate and irrigate crops; Harvest crops; Fertilize and spray crops
- Specific Skills – Field Crops
- Hand harvesting vegetables
- Other Languages
- Spanish; Castilian
- Type of Product
- Work Site Environment
- Outdoors; Dusty; Hot
- Transportation/Travel Information
- Own transportation
- Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities
- Fast-paced environment; Repetitive tasks; Physically demanding; Attention to detail; Hand-eye co-ordination; Combination of sitting, standing, walking; Standing for extended periods; Walking; Bending, crouching, kneeling; Overtime required
- Work Location Information
- Rural area
How to apply
Intended job posting audience
Only persons who are legally allowed to work in Canada can apply for this job. If you are not currently authorized to work in Canada, do not apply as the employer will not consider your job application.