A Food Assembler will ensure that the required vegetables and meats are cut properly, sliced, chopped, cubed, and marinated as per the Chef’s instructions. The most common activities mentioned on the Food Assembler Resume indicate the following duties – taking orders and executing them as needed, tossing salads, making burgers and sandwiches; assisting chef in making the main dish, providing support in stirring in process, making sure the required condiments are laid out aesthetically, storing dishes in food warmers and handling food rotation activities.
The necessary skills to be included in a resume are – excellent knowledge and proficiency in food rotation and food portioning process, familiarity with inventory management, a keen eye for accuracy and exact measurements, and proficiency in using all types of kitchen equipment. While a high school diploma is considered as the minimum requirement, qualifications in the associated area will be useful.
- Location: Smiths Falls, ON
- Salary: $14.25 to $14.50HOUR hourly for 8 to 20 hours per week
- Terms of employment: Term or contract
- Day, Night, Weekend, Shift, On Call, Early Morning, Morning
- Start date: Starts as soon as possible
- vacancies: 1 vacancy
A food assembler is an important part of the food service industry, particularly in restaurants and hotels. His or her main work is to make sure that the initial food service is carried out with appropriateness, and in an exceptional manner.
Food assemblers are responsible for ensuring that all required meats and vegetables are properly cut, sliced, marinated, chopped, and cubed, as the chef requires. It is also their work to toss salads, and make sandwiches and burgers.
Food Assembler Duties and Responsibilities
• Take and study orders for food assembly work on a daily basis, and make preparations for the day.
• Cut, slice, cube, and marinate meats and vegetables according to specified instructions.
• Toss salads according to set recipes, and make burgers and sandwiches as and when the orders arrive.
• Assist chefs in creating main dishes by handing them chopped, sliced, and marinated ingredients, and spices.
• Provide support by stirring in-process food items, helping chefs when they are busy doing other things.
• Put together trays of food items, ensuring that all condiments and desserts are laid out aesthetically.
• Portion food items according to predefined instructions, and ensure that garnishing activities are properly carried out.
• Fill individual serving cartons for takeaway orders, ensuring that portion control is maintained.
• Store dishes of hot food items on food warmers to keep them fresh until serving times.
• Receive empty dishes from the restaurant area, and ensure that they are washed, dried, and put away in designated areas.
• Handle food rotation activities, placing special focus on ensuring that food items are not wasted.
No degree, certificate or diploma
This employer promotes equal employment opportunities for all job applicants, including those self-identifying as a member of these groups: Newcomers to Canada, Seniors, Veterans, Visible minorities
How to apply
119 Lombard Street
Smiths Falls, ON
K7A 5B8 Between 11:00 AM and 10:00 PM
Intended job posting audience
Anyone who can legally work in Canada can apply for this job. If you are not currently authorized to work in Canada, the employer will not consider your job application.