Cleaners ensure that the spaces to which they are assigned remain tidy and orderly. Cleaners work in a variety of settings including offices, homes, and public spaces.
We are looking to hire an attentive cleaner to join our team. In this position, you will be required to dust surfaces, vacuum and mop floors, and clean windows. The cleaner should also be able to remove stains from various surfaces.
To be successful as a cleaner, you should be able to complete assigned tasks within the stipulated period. Ultimately, a top-performing cleaner should be physically fit and able to perform with minimal supervision.
- Vacuuming, sweeping, and mopping floors of various types.
- Dusting ceilings, light fittings, countertops, and loose furniture.
- Scrubbing and sanitizing toilets, sinks, and kitchen fixtures.
- Emptying trash cans.
- Washing and drying windows.
- Liaising with the line manager to ensure that you have sufficient cleaning products at all times.
- Reporting any breakages that occur during the cleaning process.
- Informing the line manager of repairs that need to be done.
- High school diploma or equivalent is advantageous.
- Proven experience in a similar role.
- Able to use a variety of cleaning products and equipment.
- Able to stand for extended periods of time.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Able to complete tasks on time with minimal supervision.
- Available to work mornings and evenings, plus weekends, as needed.
- Location: Terrace, BC
- Salary: $15.50 to $18.00HOUR hourly for 10 to 15 hours per week
- Terms of employment: Permanent employment
- Evening, Night
- Start date: Starts as soon as possible
- Vacancies: 1 vacancy
No degree, certificate or diploma
Experience an asset
- Specific Skills
- Wash windows, walls and ceilings; Vacuum carpeting, area rugs, draperies and upholstered furniture; Pick up debris and empty trash containers; Dust furniture; Clean and disinfect elevators; Clean changing rooms and showers; Sweep, mop, wash and polish floors; Clean, disinfect and polish kitchen and bathroom fixtures and appliances
- Work Setting
- Office building; Commercial building; Cleaning service company
- Security and Safety
- Transportation/Travel Information
- Own transportation
- Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities
- Repetitive tasks; Attention to detail
- Work Location Information
- Urban area; Various locations
- Personal Suitability
- Team player; Dependability; Values and ethics; Reliability
This employer promotes equal employment opportunities for all job applicants, including those self-identifying as a member of these groups: Indigenous people, Students
How to apply
Intended job posting audience
Anyone who can legally work in Canada can apply for this job. If you are not currently authorized to work in Canada, the employer will not consider your job application.