Winmar provides emergency and reconstruction services to homes, businesses, industrial and institutional properties after they have been damaged by fire, water, sewage, mould, asbestos, vehicle impacts, etc.
The position of Carpenter generally consists ofperforming all types of construction duties on the companys projects, as assigned.
We are looking to hire skilled Carpenters with knowledge of various carpentry techniques. You will be responsible for layout, installation, repairing, finishing, and maintaining various structures, fixtures, and buildings. Other duties will include designing, cutting, and measuring materials according to a client’s requirements.
A successful applicant should be hardworking, reliable, and have good communication and organizational skills. You must have completed an apprenticeship in carpentry or have equivalent experience in the field.
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints.
- Assisting supervisors with structural design, planning, layout, and installation.
- Conduct repair work and installation of doors, windows, drywall, cabinets, stairs, and other fixtures as required.
- Ability to assess the quality of woodwork and materials.
- Ability to operate tools, machines, and other equipment.
- Compliance with local building codes, and health and safety regulations.
- Provide excellent customer service.
- Ability to stand for prolonged periods, climb, pull, and lift heavy objects.
– Reading text
– Oral communication
– Working with others
– Problem solving
– Decision making
– Own transportation
– Valid driver’s licence
Type of Establishment/Work Setting Experience
Security and Safety
– Criminal record check (abstract)
– Steel-toed safety boots
– Hard hat
Major Work Area
- High School diploma.
- Completion of a recognized apprenticeship or a minimum of four years’ experience as a journey-level carpenter.
- Additional certification may be required.
- Good communication skills.
- Physically fit with good hand-eye coordination.
- Knowledge of mathematics.
WINMAR PROPERTY RESTORATION SPECIALISTS
357 B 7TH AVE NORTH