We are looking for hard-working Warehouse Associates to help us in our warehouse. The Warehouse Associate is responsible for receiving, labeling, and storing incoming shipments, assessing stock for damages, keeping a concise record of inventory, and accurately filling customer orders.
A successful Warehouse Associate is hard-working, organized, and detail-oriented. You should be able to keep good records and keep track of incoming and outgoing stock to ensure inventory levels remain steady.
- Receiving, processing, labeling, and storing incoming stock.
- Maintaining clear records on all inventory and stock.
- Inspecting all stock for damages and keeping records of damages.
- Organizing the warehouse space.
- Preparing orders for shipment.
- Recording exact arrival and departure times for shipments.
- Operating stock management tools; for example, a forklift.
- Counting stock and keeping inventory records.
- A high school diploma.
- Experience with inventory software.
- Excellent time management and organizational skills.
- A forklift driver’s certification.
- Physical stamina.
- The ability to be a team player.
- Customer service skills
- Stack goods
- Pick orders and stock
- Pack and unpack goods
- Sort goods
- Maintain and organize inventory
Vehicle, Machinery, and Equipment Experience
- Pallet lifters
- Dollies and hand trucks
Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities
- Fast-paced environment
- Repetitive tasks
- Handling heavy loads
- Physically demanding
- Attention to detail
- Bending, crouching, kneeling
Security and Safety
- Criminal record check (abstract)
- Steel-toed safety boots
- Up to 23 kg (50 lbs)
- Up to 45 kg (100 lbs)
Work Site Environment
More Details About This Job:
Canadian Tire #287