Business development officers are employed by companies to develop and execute strategies to increase company sales and profits. They identify profitable business opportunities, secure sound business deals, and lead business development associates.
We are looking to employ a driven and detail-oriented business development officer to identify business growth opportunities and develop strategies to increase company sales. The business development officer’s responsibilities include identifying company products and services that are underperforming, developing an in-depth knowledge of company offerings, pricing, and policies, and improving existing sales proposals. You should also ensure that the company is able to achieve revenue targets.
To be successful as a business development officer, you should be adept at negotiating business deals and able to make sound decisions that will benefit the company. Ultimately, an exceptional business development officer should have strong business acumen as well as demonstrate excellent management, communication, and analytical skills.
Business Development Officer Responsibilities:
- Developing and sustaining solid relationships with company stakeholders and customers.
- Analyzing customer feedback data to determine whether customers are satisfied with company products and services.
- Recruiting, training, and guiding business development staff.
- Providing insight into product development and competitive positioning.
- Analyzing financial data and developing effective strategies to reduce business costs and increase company profits.
- Conducting market research to identify new business opportunities.
- Collaborating with company executives to determine the most viable, cost-effective approach to pursue new business opportunities.
- Meeting with potential investors to present company offerings and negotiate business deals.
Business Development Officer Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in business management or administration, finance, accounting, marketing, or related field.
- Proven experience working as a business development officer or similar role.
- Proficiency in all Microsoft Office applications.
- The ability to travel as needed.
- The ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent analytical, problem-solving and management skills.
- Exceptional negotiation and decision-making skills.
- Effective communication skills.
- Strong business acumen.
- Location: 113000 No. 5 Road suite 135 Richmond, BCV7A 5J7
- Salary: $38.50HOUR hourly for 40 hours per week
- Terms of employment: Permanent employment
- Start date: Starts as soon as possible
- vacancies: 1 vacancy
3 years to less than 5 years
- Specific Skills
- Respond to enquiries from members of the business community concerning development opportunities; Provide advice on procedures and requirements for government approval of development proposals; Plan development projects; Conduct surveys and analyze data on the buying habits and preferences of wholesale and retail consumers; Conduct comparative research on marketing strategies for industrial and commercial products; Conduct social or economic surveys on local, regional, or international areas to assess development of potential and future trends; Prepare reports, research papers, educational texts or articles; Conduct analytical marketing studies; Design market research questionnaires; Design, conduct and analyze quantitative and qualitative research projects; Develop feasibility studies; Develop marketing strategies; Conduct online marketing, E-commerce and Website promotions; Develop portfolio of marketing materials
- Business Equipment and Computer Applications
- MS Excel; MS Windows; MS Word; MS Office
- Security and Safety
- Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities
- Fast-paced environment
- Ability to Supervise
- 3-4 people
- Work Location Information
- Urban area
- Personal Suitability
- Initiative; Effective interpersonal skills; Flexibility; Accurate; Team player; Excellent oral communication; Excellent written communication; Client focus; Dependability; Judgement; Reliability; Organized
This employer promotes equal employment opportunities for all job applicants, including those self-identifying as a member of these groups: Indigenous people, Newcomers to Canada
How to apply