- Start up and stop equipment.
- Assist with production line in factories.
- Clean production area.
- Sweep, mop, and remove debris.
- Load and unload items from machines, carts, and dollies.
- Sort items on conveyor belt.
- Remove defective items.
- Feed or place items onto equipment for processing.
- Lubricate equipment.
- Measure and pour ingredients.
- Ensure conformance to specifications.
- Turn valves to regulate flow of liquids or gas.
- Mix ingredients.
- Pull damaged or ineffective equipment off the line.
- Mark parts for identification.
- Measure length of extruded article.
- Place equipment on conveyor belt for further processing.
- Remove product and machine attachments.
- Scrape waste material from machine.
- Read and interpret gauges.
- Record data.
- Load and unload processing equipment.
- Ship finished products.
- Pour materials into machine hopper.
- Take instructions from supervisors.
- Location: 5618 – 54 Street
Edmonton, ABT6B 3G1
- Salary: $15.50 to $18.00HOUR hourly for 35 to 44 hours per week
- Terms of employment: Permanent employment
- Day, Weekend, Shift, On Call, Flexible Hours
- Start date: Starts as soon as possible
- Benefits: Group Insurance Benefits
- Vacancies: 2 vacancies
Secondary (high) school graduation certificate
or equivalent experience
Experience an asset
- Specific Skills
- Sort, pack, crate and package materials and products; Perform other labouring and elemental activities; Clean machines and immediate work areas; Check and weigh materials and products; Transport raw materials, finished products and equipment throughout plant manually or using powered equipment
- Weight Handling
- Up to 13.5 kg (30 lbs)
- Work Setting
- Packaging company
- Security and Safety
- Criminal record check
- Own Tools/Equipment
- Steel-toed safety boots; Safety glasses/goggles; Gloves
- Work Site Environment
- Noisy; Odours
- Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities
- Fast-paced environment; Work under pressure; Repetitive tasks; Handling heavy loads; Physically demanding; Manual dexterity; Attention to detail; Hand-eye co-ordination; Standing for extended periods; Large workload
This employer promotes equal employment opportunities for all job applicants, including those self-identifying as a member of these groups: Newcomers to Canada, Students, Visible minorities, Youth
How to apply
5618 – 54 Street Edmonton, AB
5618 – 54 Street
T6B 3G1 Between 10:00 AM and 04:00 PM
Intended job posting audience
Anyone who can legally work in Canada can apply for this job. If you are not currently authorized to work in Canada, the employer will not consider your job application.