Bookkeepers oversee a company’s financial data and compliance by maintaining accurate books on accounts payable and receivable, payroll, and daily financial entries and reconciliations. They perform daily accounting tasks such as monthly financial reporting, general ledger entries, and record payments and adjustments.
Being consistent, accurate, and minimizing errors are key characteristics that employers are seeking for this position. It is indispensable to have a knowledge of accounting and to understand how to use accounting software systems. In larger businesses, a bookkeeper is responsible for overseeing and reconciling hundreds of financial transactions. This is typically done with the assistance of various software systems, and for this reason, technology literacy is incredibly valuable for the profession.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Maintain an accurate record of financial transactions
- Update and maintain the general ledger
- Reconciliation of entries into the accounting system
- Recording of debits and credits
- Maintain the trial balance, by a reconciliation of general ledgers
- Account reconciliation to assert the accuracy of transactions
- Use knowledge of local laws to comply with reporting requirements
- Monitor any variances from the projected budget
- Location: Dresden, ON
- Salary: $24.25HOUR hourly for 30 hours per week
- Terms of employment: Permanent employment
- Start date: Starts as soon as possible
- Vacancies: 1 vacancy
1 year to less than 2 years
- Specific Skills
- Prepare trial balance of books; Post journal entries; Maintain general ledgers and financial statements; Calculate and prepare cheques for payroll; Prepare other statistical, financial and accounting reports; Keep financial records and establish, maintain and balance various accounts using manual and computerized bookkeeping systems
This employer promotes equal employment opportunities for all job applicants, including those self-identifying as a member of these groups: Newcomers to Canada, Students, Youth
How to apply
650 Park Street Dresden, ON N0P 1M0
Intended job posting audience
Anyone who can legally work in Canada can apply for this job. If you are not currently authorized to work in Canada, the employer will not consider your job application.