Bicycle mechanics will typically carry out some or all of the following:
- assembling new bikes
- identifying faults, damage and wear
- carrying out minor repairs (e.g. fixing punctures)
- repairing and/or replacing damaged or worn-out components
- wheel truing (straightening bike wheels so that they are properly aligned)
- fitting accessories (lights, pannier racks or cycle computers)
- carrying out routine services and safety checks
- cleaning, degreasing and lubricating bicycles and components
- advising customers regarding work which is required, and whether this is essential or recommended
- estimating costs (labour and parts) and providing customer quotes
- booking in work
- dealing with customer queries and offering product or general cycling advice
- liaising with suppliers and dealers
- Location: Whistler, BC
- Salary: $18.00 to $20.00HOUR hourly for 30 to 40 hours per week
- Terms of employment: Seasonal employment
- Start date: Start date 2022-05-01
- vacancies: 2 vacancies
No degree, certificate or diploma
or equivalent experience
1 to less than 7 months
- Specific Skills
- Test and adjust repaired products for proper functioning
- Repair or replace defective or worn parts and components
- Inspect products to determine the requirements for repair
- Calibrate products using hand tools
- Major Work Area
- Area of Specialization
- Sporting goods and recreational items
- Weight Handling
- Up to 23 kg (50 lbs)
- Up to 9 kg (20 lbs)
- Up to 13.5 kg (30 lbs)
- Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities
- Fast-paced environment; Physically demanding; Attention to detail;
- Work Location Information
- In shop;
- Personal Suitability
This employer promotes equal employment opportunities for all job applicants, including those self-identifying as a member of these groups: Newcomers to Canada, Students
Who can apply to this job?
Only apply to this job if:
- You are a Canadian citizen or a permanent resident of Canada.
- You have a valid Canadian work permit.
If you are not authorized to work in Canada, do not apply. The employer will not respond to your application.
How to apply
Here is what you must include when submitting your application:
- Cover letter
This job posting includes screening questions. Please answer the following questions when applying:
- Are you currently legally able to work in Canada?
- Do you currently reside in proximity to the advertised location?
- Do you have previous experience in this field of employment?
- Are you available for the advertised start date?