Bar Manager Job in Canada by Poncho’s Pub and Grill
Location: Box 610 604 Lalonde Street Whitewood, SK S0G 5C0
Salary: $18.00 to $22.00HOUR hourly for 35 to 45 hours per week
Terms of employment: Permanent employment
Full time: Day, Evening, Night, Weekend, Shift, Overtime, Flexible Hours, To be determined
Education: Secondary (high) school graduation certificate or equivalent experience
Experience: 7 months to less than 1 year
- (certificates, licenses, memberships, courses, etc.)
- Casino Gaming License
- Serving It Right Certificate
- Address customers’ complaints or concerns
- Recruit, train and supervise staff
- Participate in marketing plans and implementation
- Monitor revenues and modify procedures and prices
- Ensure health and safety regulations are followed
- Provide customer service
- Set staff work schedules and monitor staff performance
- Plan, organize, direct, control, and evaluate daily operations
- Enforce provincial/territorial liquor legislation and regulations
- Balance cash and complete balance sheets, cash reports, and related forms
- Organize and maintain inventory
- Security and Safety
- Criminal record check;
Own vehicle; Valid driver’s license; travel expenses paid by the employer;
Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities
- Fast-paced environment
- Work under pressure
- Repetitive tasks
- Handling heavy loads
- Physically demanding
- Attention to detail
- Combination of sitting, standing, walking
- Standing for extended periods
- Ability to Supervise
- Working groups
- 5-10 people
- Effective interpersonal skills
- Team player
- Excellent oral communication
- Free parking available
- Financial benefits
- Bonus, Gratuities
How to apply
Send your documents to email@example.com
Here is what you must include when submitting your application:
- Cover letter
- References attesting experience
- Letter of recommendation
- Proof of the requested certifications
- Highest level of education and name of the institution where it was completed
- Copy of latest school transcript
This job posting includes screening questions. Please answer the following questions when applying:
- Are you currently legally able to work in Canada?
- Do you currently reside in proximity to the advertised location?
- Are you willing to relocate for this position?
- Do you have previous experience in this field of employment?
- Are you available for a shift or on-call work?
- Do you have the above-indicated required certifications?
- Are you available for the advertised start date?
Cover Letter Sample to Help you write Yours
[Insert Your Name]
[Insert Your address/contact information]
I am writing to apply for the bar manager advertised on www.jobbank.gc.ca. With my 2 years of experience in managing bar operations, I trust am qualified to join your team at Poncho’s Pub and Grill as your next Bar Manager, you are certain to find my enclosed resume of interest.
My experience in preparing cocktails, beer, wine, and spirits for upscale clientele has prepared me to excel in this position. With my proven ability to lead and supervise professional and knowledgeable bartenders, coupled with my talent for developing and updating sophisticated bar menus to capture customer interest and drive sales, my additional strengths in communication and multitasking position me to thrive in this challenging leadership role.
I believe my experience in bar management would make me a positive addition to your workforce. If you would like to get in touch to discuss my application and to arrange an interview, you can contact me via [INSERT PHONE NUMBER OR EMAIL ADDRESS].
I look forward to hearing from you soon.
Find out more samples of well-written bar manager cover letters you can edit and use easily here.
How To Write a Canadian Standard Bar Manager resume (With Examples)
When applying for the bar manager position, submitting a well-written resume can tell prospective employers about your skills and experience. Analyzing your resume helps employers determine if you’d be a good fit for the role. Click Here to see the resume sample.
Reason Visa Applications Get Rejected
- One major thing that leads to Visa rejection is finance: Not having a good explanation for the money in your account. Sending a huge sum of money to your account a month before the Visa interview is a red flag. Instead, keep the account active by depositing and withdrawing cash six months before the interview.
- You need to explain clearly the reason for your visa and that you will leave after the expiration of your Visa. Tips: Tell the interviewer how working in Canada means so much to you because of the experience of meeting new people and learning about new cultures. You can say you will like to use the money you earn from working in Canada to help grow your local cleaning business.
- Add your return flight ticket to convince the officer you will leave when your visa expires.
Show that you have something you Nigeria that will make you come back. Like business, lands, mother, family. Talk about how you will not like to stay away from your mom for so long.
- Fraudulent documents can make them deny and even blacklist you.
- Your police report can make them deny you a visa if the police report is not clean.
Canada Airport Question
- These are likely questions the immigration office at Canada airport will ask you before allowing you into Canada. I will also tell you how you will respond.
- Who are you and who are you coming to visit?
- What is your purpose in Canada? Make sure the purpose you give the office match the purpose your visa was approved upon.
- When are you planning to leave Canada? Show a return ticket that proves when you are planning to return to your country.