A banquet manager is responsible for the coordination of food and beverage delivery for events held in the hotel. They are also responsible for planning all of the details pertaining to events in all banquet and meeting rooms to maintain the standards expected by management.
Banquet managers oversee the hosting of banquets to provide customers with an excellent banquet experience. Their duties include consulting with banquet sales directors and head chefs, determining the number of wait staff, and planning the layout and setup of venues. They may also be required to manage beverage requests.
- Location: Surrey, BC
- Salary: $25.00HOUR hourly for 40 hours per week
- Terms of employment: Permanent employment
- Start date: Starts as soon as possible
- Vacancies: 1 vacancy
We are seeking an energetic and well-organized banquet manager to provide our customers with a first-class banquet experience. As a banquet manager, you will liaise with the banquet sales director and the head chef to meet customer expectations. Your duties will include controlling the cost and quality of services, preparing the venue, and coordinating the service of meals.
To be successful as a banquet manager, you should exhibit extensive experience in managing banquets and delivering services within budget. Outstanding Banquet Managers ensure that customers receive a level of service that exceeds expectations.
Banquet Manager Responsibilities:
- Discussing sales contract details with the banquet sales director and the head chef.
- Planning the venue layout according to the number of guests and the type of event.
- Determining the number of table waiters and servers required.
- Supervising the placement of tables, chairs, cutlery, plates, glasses, table linens, centerpieces, heating lamps, serving utensils, and carving stations.
- Consulting with the Head Chef regarding the timing of meal courses to be served.
- Overseeing the seating of guests, the serving of meals and beverages, and the clearing of tables.
- Managing the availability of liquor and soft drinks, when required.
- Preparing work schedules and completing documentation in a timely manner.
- Answering customers’ questions and accommodating special requests.
Banquet Manager Requirements:
- Accredited certificate or diploma in catering, culinary Arts, hospitality, or similar.
- Bachelor’s degree in hospitality and culinary arts preferred.
- 3-5 years of experience in banquet management, or similar.
- Proficiency in catering management software, such as Better Cater and Caterease.
- Exceptional ability to plan banquets, manage budgets, and meet deadlines.
- Experience in supervising banquet venue staff.
- Ability to collaborate with Banquet Sales Directors and Head Chefs.
- Extensive knowledge of catering equipment and venue requirements.
- In-depth knowledge of hospitality industry best practices.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
College, CEGEP or other non-university certificate or diploma from a program of 1 year to 2 years
3 years to less than 5 years
- Specific Skills
- Address customers’ complaints or concerns; Recruit, train and supervise staff; Negotiate with clients for catering or use of facilities; Monitor revenues and modify procedures and prices; Ensure health and safety regulations are followed; Develop, implement and analyze budgets; Provide customer service; Negotiate arrangements with suppliers for food and other supplies; Set staff work schedules and monitor staff performance; Plan, organize, direct, control and evaluate daily operations
- Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities
- Fast-paced environment; Work under pressure; Attention to detail; Tight deadlines
- Personal Suitability
- Effective interpersonal skills; Flexibility; Team player; Client focus; Reliability; Organized
How to apply
230-8166 128 Street suite 230 Surrey, BC V3W 1R1
Intended job posting audience
Only persons who are legally allowed to work in Canada can apply for this job. If you are not currently authorized to work in Canada, do not apply as the employer will not consider your job application.