Bakers use their understanding of ingredients and food preparation to craft recipes and create baked goods. They measure and mix raw ingredients, bake and decorate items, and ensure that all raw and finished goods adhere to quality and food safety standards.
We are searching for skilled, creative bakers who strive to provide excellent baked items and service in an efficient, professional manner. The baker will design, execute, and improve recipes, perform quality checks on ingredients and finished products, use icing, glazes, fillings, and decorations to enhance item presentation, and process orders from customers. You will also greet customers, answer questions, clean workstations and equipment, and perform other duties to ensure that customer needs are satisfied and the bakery is well-stocked and operating smoothly.
To be a successful baker, you should be efficient and friendly with a focus on food quality and customer satisfaction. You should be organized, decisive, attentive, and possess a strong understanding of baking techniques.
- Designing and improving recipes.
- Measuring and combining ingredients and using mixers, blenders, heat sources, and other equipment to make baked goods, such as cookies, bread, cakes, etc.
- Decorating and displaying finished products.
- Testing ingredients and finished goods to ensure that each item meets food safety and quality controls.
- Greeting customers, answering questions, making recommendations, accepting orders and payments, and providing exceptional customer service.
- Keeping records relating to deliveries, inventory, and production levels.
- Taking client information and ensuring that deliveries are fulfilled accurately and on time.
- Cleaning and restocking workstations and ensuring that all equipment is sanitized and prepared for the next shift.
- Location: 16012 100A Avenue NW Edmonton, ABT5P 0M1
- Salary: $15.00HOUR hourly for 40 hours per week
- Terms of employment: Permanent employment
- Day, Evening, Weekend
- Start date: Starts as soon as possible
- Benefits: Medical Benefits, Dental Benefits, Life Insurance Benefits, Vision Care Benefits
- vacancies: 3 vacancies
Secondary (high) school graduation certificate
2 years to less than 3 years
- Specific Skills
- Frost and decorate cakes and baked goods; Ensure that the quality of products meets established standards; Draw up production schedules; Bake mixed dough and batters; Operate machinery
- Additional Skills
- Train staff
- Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities
- Fast-paced environment; Work under pressure; Standing for extended periods
How to apply